Cascade Systems Technology is always on the lookout for talented individuals with experience in all aspects of electronic contract manufacturing. Our team is comprised of several departments such as box build manufacturing, test, PCB assembly, surface mount and many more, all with considerable talent and skill.
We pride ourselves on hiring and retaining employees and producing top-of-the-line electronic products.
Join the CST Team
Please check out the following open position(s):
Quality Control Technician II (Full-Time)
The Quality Control Technician supports the manufacturing operations through quality inspection.
- Follow weekly build/ship and production schedule for the department via immediate supervisor/team lead and inform immediate supervisor/team lead if schedule will not be met.
- Ensure receipt of proper documentation prior to starting work.
- Review assembly drawings and ensure a full understanding prior to start QC check.
- Review and understand Bill of Materials (BOMs) and Work instructions.
- Inspect SMT and through hole assemblies against IPC A-610 Class II & III std.
- Operate and program the Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) machine.
- Operate and program the X-Ray machine.
- Perform 1st article inspections – both internal and external.
- Understand product flow and board assembly manufacturing process.
- Log quality data summary in the quality data base.
- Communicate any quality issues to immediate supervisor within fifteen (15) minutes of finding.
- Redline and communicate any documentation discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Only work/use equipment for which training and/or certification has been completed.
- Ensure your production area is clean and maintained.
- Other duties as assigned.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Act as a member of the team and attend and actively participate in production shipping white board meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Follow chemical, MSDS and ESD procedures.
- Must follow all safety requirements, promptly report safety accidents and illnesses, and report potential safety issues, concerns and situations to supervisor.
- Stay abreast of current industry technology, trends and knowledge and provide to the Company by sharing this information with the Company.
- High school diploma/GED with college credits.
- No experience required for entry level. For level 2 and above some related experience required preferably in a manufacturing or computer component environment.
- Familiar with IPC A-610 std
- Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) operate and program experience
- X-ray machine operate and program experience
- Can read blue prints
- Must be able to use basic measuring tools, i.e.; calipers, VOM, Pin Gages
- Good communication skills and ability to establish and maintain positive and effective communications with other team members, customers, vendors and other third parties.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend assembly and build instructions and other written material.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to learn and work with LEAN working methods and processes.
- Ability to identify all components and component part numbers.
- Must comply with standards set by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and be free from federal warrants and must not be on any Federal watch list.
- Ability to learn and follow ISO 9001:2015 procedures.
- Basic computer skills, prefer familiarity with and ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point) and ability to learn and utilize other Company software.
- Frequent standing, walking and sitting.
- Occasional stooping or crouching.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent use of hands.
- Must be able to work at computer or workstation for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to see and accurately delineate between various colors.
- Ability to see and identify very small computer components.